My Journey

Natural Hair Journey: I stood in the mirror and said " I can not take this shit any more, this hair has to GO", and I began cutting my hair at 2am on a 3/14/08. That was the my REAL born again moment. My original journey started in 1999, when I transitioned for 3 months followed by the BC. People who know me, know that I do not have the patients, so off it went. From 99-03, I went thru a lot with my hair, not feeling it, loving it, hated it, braids, fade, color, press, weave...which lead me back to a perm. So for a little over 4 yrs I ROCKED a long perm, short perm, color perm! After the birth of my son and ending a 4yr relationship, I had found a NEW me! The transition began...but remember I don't have patients, so after 3-4 months, I did the BC! At that moment I felt FREE, I felt like I let go of my past, and the stress that went with it. I was starting all over and it felt good.

Personal Journey: I am now a single mother, but that was not what "My" plan was. My plan was to go to college, travel, get married and live life...but that is not what I am doing. I did finish college, but that is about it! With my son, I have found a "new" me. I am doing more than I have before, taking bigger risk, and enjoying my life. For some people having kids stops/slows their life down, but for me, a child kicked my life into 5th gear! I have learned to live more for me and for him. If mommy is happy my child is happy, I have to take care of me in order to take care of him. I just tell myself everyday "You are blessed in so many ways. Be happy and thankful what you have, and stop complaining about what you don't have"


Career Journey: OMG...is it normal to love change or re-inventing oneself? Well, if it's not then I am just weird as hell! When I was in college I made of list of careers I wanted to do before I die (I know it sounds crazy, but you should try it), and on that list I wanted to be a Buyer, Event Planner, Hairstylist, Image Consultant and Make-up Artist. Since I graduated college in 2003, I have been a Assistant Buyer and a Event Planner, now I am moving to the next stage of my career Hairstylist!!! I will be attending cosmetology school in September and I am EXCITED! Yes, it means to leave a full time job and benefits, but hey I am a hustler by nature so for the next 12 months, I will be grinding, to make sure my son does not go without. BUT before anyone takes a big risk, you have to keep in mind that I have people in my life that are willing to lend a hand and a dollar or two. I still plan to be a independent Event Planner and contract while in school. There are SO many things that I see opening up for me and my career, I just can not contain myself!

Comments

  1. Yes girl we know you are not patient! Love the blog! LOL

    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts