My "first" transition client

After a night of wine and cigars, a house full of naturals convinced one of our friends to do the Big Chop that night. After a few "bad" words were exchanged, and a few glasses later, she was ready! (wine will do it every time) She was already transitioning, but for some reason, us women, well really black women feel that we need to hold on to our length, even when it's dead or looks a hot mess. We feel that without our hair, then there is no us or no beautiful thing about us. "I am not my hair" Our hair does not determine who we are, our worth and where we are going in life. Okay so off my soapbox, I washed her hair and decided to cut it wet not dry, so I could really see how much natural she really had.

After we cut it, we use Kinky Curly Curling Custard. I have nothing against the product, I just don't like the feel on my hair, but it worked great on hers. The photos below will show her progress from the BC to now. Since the BC, she has had a HUGE boost in confidence. She tends to wear make-up, more accessories, and dress up MORE! Naturals are SEXY, and they tend to make you feel sexy when you ROCK em'.


Before her BC




Day after her BC


The next week after her BC


Look at the progress


Comments

  1. What the hell does BC mean???????

    ReplyDelete
  2. BC (Big Chop) when cutting all your hair off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for telling my story, and you did it so well. I must honestly say that going natural has help me step into my womanhood. Thanks, for being there for me and as was willing to help me find things that work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for telling my story, and you did it so well. I must honestly say that going natural has help me step into my womanhood. Thanks, for being there for me and as was willing to help me find things that work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts