Beauty School UPDATE!

Okay, so I am now into my second week of beauty school, and already done one head and a FULL pedicure!! I have 8 weeks of Basics that I MUST complete before I am allowed on the salon floor to perform my talents. The only hair we were allowed to touch were our classmates. We washed and styled each others hair. Since there are only 2 black women in the class, we opt not to do each others hair, to gain more experience doing other types of hair. So I washed and dried Gibby's (my classmate) hair with a round brush. It was cool and a different experience, seeing a though, I have never done that to my hair. LOL

The first week, we covered germs and electricity. The germ chapter, made me more cautious of washing my hands more and just how germs are spread as well as what cleaning products REALLY kill. I know it sounds like common sense, but you would be amazed about all the germs, and how stylist are open to so much. I was excited and learned something, because I made a 96 on that examine, and that was without the extra credit that I forgot to do.

The second important chapter we covered in week one was electricity. Most people say, what in the hell do I need to learn about electricity to be a stylist, and to be honest stylist come in to contact with electricity all the time. From a business stand point we are learning how much our electric bill would be when we open our own salon. It's good info to know for business and personal purpose.

So this week, week 2, we started on the study of nails. We are learning about what nails are made from as well as all the crazy nail diseases and disorders out there. It is actually pretty nasty. LOL Today we did spit up and did our classmates manicures and pedicures. It was good, my partner Hope, did a fantastic pedi with French tips. Hopefully, I can do a great job tomorrow. We got scrubs, wax, and a mask done on our feet. All of these services for FREE!

We also visited a distribution store, to get registered to buy professional products! I was like a kid in the candy store, it was great! The school, is a very good school. They seem to really provide us with good info and opportunities for us to really excel in the beauty industry. They have a great clientele. So I just have to work on getting appointments from people I know. I have goals that I have to meet, so getting people to drive to Lewisville maybe a push, but I think I can pull it off. Startig in November I will be taking salon appointments!

Check out http://www.tspadallas.com/. It is a great school to start your cosmetology career.

Comments

Popular Posts