Happy New Years...ready for change again!

I am not a "New Years Resoultion" type of person. I just always say that I want to be better and wiser than the day, month and year before. For 2010, I do feel that people should start being true and honest with themselves. Stop trying to be something that you are not. This is the year to be free of drama, debt, sadness, guilt and PERMS (lol). People should set goals or "resolutions" that are obtainable, realistic and that truly means something to them.

The dating scene for 2010 has started out somewhat good. I will not get into details, but let's just say it looked better than previous years!

Hair!!!! I have added some red in the front of my curly fro, but since I have a lot of hair the red is very hard to see. So I will redo my color and add somemore in. The color we used is Redken 5Rv, I love the color, just not enough of it. Reds and Browns seems to be HOT colors going into 2010, I have been doing deep browns, reds, and browns with red undertone, etc. If you are looking to chang your look in 2010, think about changing your hair color, it can really change your entire look. If you are a little scared to change your entire color, think about adding highlights, panels, shadow, etc. Just remember that when dealing with color, you have to willing to get the maintance done. Color fades and grow out, so make sure you are using professional products that extend your color like Redken Color Extend, and make sure that your are getting a retouch every 2-3 months (depending how fast your hair grows).

What is really popluar are semi and demi permant color. Just know that they are temporay color and will fade naturally, so you wont have a color line, BUT if you are a level 1-3, meaning your hair is very dark black or brown, a semi/demi will only deposit color and go darker. If want a lighter color then your need to decolorize or do permant color. Permant color (redken that I know of) can lift your natural color (not articfical color) and deposit the new color, BUT just know what developer to use with your color. If you want a very light color, try decolorizing (bleach) your hair then add the new color. So with all that color mumbo jumbo said, just ask professional before performing color on your own.

One more thing, it's 2010, please lets start exploring color in our wardobe and accessries. Being "safe" is not sexy. It's okay to wear other color earrings than silver and gold, and all black clothes. Let's try to put different colors together, like pinks and yellow. Example: Pink shirt, jeans and yellow scarf. Don't be afraid to step out the box, it's okay to not be SO matchy.

I am now off my soap box! Enjoy! I will post some more pics very soon.

Comments

Popular Posts